California, popularly known as ‘the golden state’ is a place with unmatched natural beauty. From sparkling waterfalls to pristine beaches, from picturesque National Parks to exciting theme parks- California has everything to satisfy your adventure-seeking soul. Its geographical diversity, UNESCO sites, vibrant cities, and delicious cuisines attract tourists from all corners of the world. If you are planning to visit this beautiful land, we will tell you about the best places you must include in your California trip.
- Yosemite National Park-Yosemite National Park is among California’s most spectacular landscapes with towering waterfalls, daunting cliffs, centuries-old tallest trees, and unique rock structures. It is a must-visit place for adventure enthusiasts and nature lovers.
- Lake Tahoe- Lake Tahoe is a famous winter and summer destination. If you are in California in the winter season, Lake Tahoe is an ideal place to ski to your heart’s content. In summer, you can enjoy boat-riding or simply relax. While you are there, don’t forget to hike to the Emerald Bay State Park.
- Santa Monica- Situated at a distance of 15 miles from Los Angeles, the beachside city of Santa Monica is the best place to party. Its star attraction is the Pacific Park.
- Big Sur- If you want to witness spellbindingly stunning scenery, Big Sur is the place for you. The wild, secluded beaches will make you forget all about the madding crowd of the cities. You can chill with your beer and watch some unforgettable sunrises and sunsets.
- Napa Valley- A trip to California is incomplete without spending some time in one of the finest wineries. So, go straight to Napa Valley and taste the best wine of the life. There are also impressive hotels and restaurants in the area.
- Los Angeles- La-La Land is actually as dreamy as you imagine it to be. Presence of the world-renowned locations like Beverly Hills and Hollywood, Los Angeles is a must-visit city. It is also the perfect place to spot some celebrities.
- Palm Springs- The desert paradise of Palm Springs attracts vacationers because of its vibrant nightlife and magnificent gardens. The best time to visit is March-May to experience pleasant weather.
- Anaheim-Disneyland- Who leaves California without having unlimited fun at “The Happiest Place on Earth”? There are multiple amusement parks and Disneyland tops the list. There are plenty of activities and rides for children as well as adults.
- Malibu- The exotic beach of Malibu appeal to surfers and sunbathers, to families and couples. Sit at the Malibu Pier and get lost in the view while grabbing mouthwatering sea foods.
- Joshua Tree National Park- For participating in outdoor activities, visit this desert oasis. As the pollution is less, it is a superb venue for horseback riding and stargazing.
Santa Barbara, San Diego, Sonoma, Laguna Beach, Huntington Beach, Sausalito, and Sequoia National Park are some other popular tourist destinations in California. It is practically impossible to explore all of California in one trip as the state is full of fantastic locations. Make sure you stay there at least for 10 days to cover some of the favorite tourist spots.