Celebrities have great power in their hands as people consider then as role models and follow their footsteps. For instance, we rely on them when they advertise a particular product and end up purchasing it only because a big star has advertised it. So, if they wish they can bring about positive changes in the society as they have huge fan-following.
Whether it is financial contribution, direct action or posting videos to support a noble cause- there are many celebrities who use their power to influence people in positive ways. If you want to know the names of such humanitarians and the type of works they have been doing, we have compiled a list of few celebrities who deserve credit for their noble deeds.
- Oprah Winfrey- The television mogul Oprah Winfrey is one of the most successful women. In her show, she has always drawn attention to serious causes and issues. The “Oprah Winfrey Scholars Program” gives scholarships to diligent students. She has also given financial support to ‘The Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls”.
- Melinda and Bill Gates- Melinda and Bill are a great team. The Bill and Melinda Foundation has done exceptional work in improving the health and lives of people residing in the United States and in multiple developing countries. You can visit their YouTube channel and watch some of the heart-warming and inspirational success stories.
- Charlize Theron- People began to recognize South African film-star Charlize Theron after her brilliant acting in “Mighty Joe Young” and “Monster”. She is the founder of the Chirlize Theron Africa Outreach Project with the intention of keeping the youth of Africa safe from AIDS.
- Jim Carrey- Best known for his performances in “Ace Venture: Pet Detective” and “Dumb and Dumber”, Jim Carrey is praiseworthy for several other reasons. His “Better U Foundation” supports SRI (System of Rice Intensification) and addresses international food security.
- Demi Moore- Demi Moore, popular for her roles in “About Last Night” and “St. Elmo’s Fire”, has founded the Ashton Foundation along with her husband. The current name of the agency is Thorn Digital Defenders of Children, and it fights child exploitation. The organization rescues victims and gives protection to them.
- Christina Applegate- Christina started her acting career as a child actress in “Married With Children”. After she was diagnosed with breast cancer, she founded an organization and named it ‘Right Action for Women’. It is dedicated to offering education to women regarding risks of breast cancer and providing help to the ones who cannot afford treatment.
- Nicole Kidman- Nicole Kidman is best known for her outstanding performances in “The Hours” and “Moulin Rouge”. She is the Women Goodwill Ambassador of the UN and travels to different countries to raise awareness on women’s rights and their infringement.
We hope more celebrities learn from the amazing initiatives taken by the above-mentioned stars and reach out to the ones who are in need of help and support. Together we can make the world a better place for all of us.