Millions of travelers from all over the world travel to India throughout the year. Be it plains or mountains, backwaters or beaches, adventure activities or wildlife tours, bustling metropolitan or secluded islands, romantic vacations, or spiritual holidays- India has so much to offer every tourist. We are here to tell you why you must include India in your travel list.
- Rich history- If you are a lover of history, India is definitely the ideal vacation retreat for you. From the mighty rule of Mughals to British invasion- the land has seen many dynasties rise and fall. Most of the cities have several ancient monuments that have so many stories to share with travelers. The most beautiful building, Taj Mahal, is also present in Agra, on the banks of the Yamuna River.
- Mouthwatering food- Indian cuisine is an umbrella term that includes a wide variety of dishes and cooking styles. Every single state in the country has some special items that you have to taste. You must try the fabulous regional items like authentic Bengali food, South Indian dosas, and North Indian thalis.
- You can watch a cricket match- Cricket is India’s national obsession. From mega stadiums to dusty parks- cricket is played with great enthusiasm in the country. There are some excellent stadiums in the cities of Kolkata, Mumbai, Chandigarh etc. where many important international matches (including the World Cup) has been played.
- A paradise for shoppers- India is full of irresistible items to shop at cheap prices. Each region specializes in a specific industry that they have been mastering for generations. So, you’ll find plenty of unique handcrafted home décor pieces and gorgeous Indian dresses in every state.
- Picturesque hill stations- As far as natural beauty is concerned, the hill stations in India can compete with the most picture-perfect hill towns of the world. Manali, Dalhousie, Leh-Ladakh, Ooty, Kodaikanal, Gulmarg, Mussoorie, Darjeeling,and Nainital are among the most-visited hill stations in India.
- Fantastic beaches- If you are a beach lover, India will not disappoint you. The wide coastline of India blesses the country with several stunning beaches. Odisha, Kochi, Goa, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, and Andaman and Nicobar Islands are some of the popular beach destinations to explore in India.
- Fairyland for festivals- As people with various religious beliefs live in harmony in India, every single festival is celebrated in a grand way. This gives people the opportunity to enjoy festivals all the year round. Celebrating Holi in the sacred city of Mathura, attending Durga Puja in Kolkata, and enjoying Christmas vacation in Goa are some of the things you must do.
- Warm and welcoming people- Amiable people are the best thing about India. India is a land of ‘unity in diversity’ and the people love travelers. Every single person you meet will try to help you and suggest what’s best for you. You are going to feel at home and keep revisiting the country.
Vibrant nightlife, budget trips, incredible wildlife, and the best train rides are some other reasons to book your tickets to India.